Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Essay 3 reflection

1) What were some things that were good in essay #3?
In essay three, I think I did a good job at grabbing the reader’s attention right off the bat. In other words, I believe I did well on the ‘hook’. Although it is short, I find it to be effective because the phrase “it’s a bird, it’s a plane, no its superman” is recognized by almost everyone and the reader would not expect an essay to begin with this. Another element of my essay that I thought I exhibited good skills in was varying my sentences. I used a different sentence lengths, compound sentences, short sentences, as well as throwing in some questions here and there to keep the reader thinking.
2) What were some things that were bad in essay #3?
There were a few things I could have done better in essay three. For starts, I fell short as far as the length of my paper goes. Although I produced 5 solid-length paragraphs, the requirement was for more and I could have strained my brain for more content. Also, I think with some thought I could probably rearrange my information/paragraphs into a format that flows better. Organization tends to be one of weaknesses and that is to an extent apparent in this essay. I’m not at all saying my essay is an off the wall, hectic mess, but there’s always room for improvement.
3) What would you change in essay #3?
The main thing I would change for this essay is just to add length. I feel like the content of my paper was solid, and that the grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc was good enough to earn a fairly good grade, but my downfall lies in the length. Other than that, a little more time spent on organizing the paper would be the only change.

No comments:

Post a Comment